Jessica White; CMT.
Visit. . . .
Jessica graduated from the nationally renowned and fully accredited Irene’s Myomassology Institute in Southfield, Michigan. She is licensed and insured in the state of Michigan and is also a certified ABMP member. Jessica has continued her education in Ayurvedic, Thai Yoga Massage, Table Thai, Thai Herbal Compress, Temporal Mandibular Joint Disorder (TMJD), Myofascial Release, Cranial Sacral, Hot Stone Massage, Chair Massage, Raindrop Therapy, Reiki, Direct Energy Work, Canine Massage, Guided Meditation and many other modalities through continuing education courses for advanced body work. Jessica was recently certified in TransenDance Therapy, which includes Neuromuscular Integrated Action (NIA), through dance.
Wanting to achieve long term relief, Jessica utilizes an integrated approach of several modalities with each session. This has proven effective in resolving chronic pain syndromes and helps to speed the recovery process from acute injuries . She uses only the highest quality , natural and organic products, including pure therapeutic grade essential oils to assist in the healing process.
The Art of Touch, The Pursuit of Wellness
As a society, we are touch deprived and this can lead to disease or emotional dysfunction. Touch is one of the greatest natural healers. Touch soothes, nourishes, releases, relaxes, and comforts. We nourish ourselves through regular and frequent touch. Massage and manipulation stimulate blood and lymph flow, warms the tissue, improves flexibility, and eases pain. But the power of touch reaches far beyond just the physical and penetrates into the depth of our being. Touch can result in the release of endorphins, chemical substances released in the nervous system, which relieves pain and results in an incredible sense of well-being.
The Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Improves flexibility as massages stretches and lengthens the muscles and fascia of the body. Therapists can stretch areas of the body that you alone are unable to stretch effectively.
- Detoxifies the body of waste products both in the skin and internally, resulting in healthier, younger looking skin and improved internal function.
- Breaks up muscle restrictions and trigger points, commonly called “knots” thus reducing pain and increasing strength and flexibility.
- You may move with more ease and have an increased range of motion in muscles and joints after your treatment Massage increases elasticity and resilience of the skin.
- Massage encourages a healthy heart by decreasing elevated blood pressure and also helps increase the strength of the heart’s muscle contraction and amount of blood moved by the heartbeat.
- Experience an increase in metabolic rate leaving you feeling energized.
- Massage promotes deep relaxation and stress reduction.
- Relieve mental fatigue by allowing your mind to completely relax so you can refocus your thoughts while on the table and off.
- Decrease depression, anxiety, and post partum symptoms.
- Encourage strong immune function and disease prevention.